A new collective agreement for the private social services sector. The contract period begins 1 May 2023 and ends 31 December 2025.
In the private social services sector negotiation result was reached on 8 June. The achievement of the negotiation result ended all organizational actions, such as the ban on overtime and shift change. The total effect of the salary settlement is 13.17 per cent.
– This negotiation round focused on salary increases, which were used to reduce the wage gap in relation to the municipal sector. This was successful thanks to strike actions. Thanks for the success go to members who participated in the strike, OAJ’s Special Advisor Kirsi Sutton says.
OAJ and The Finnish Association of Private Care Providers (Hali ry) reached a solution on the accession protocol yesterday. The content of the negotiation result will be published after the approval of the OAJ administration.
First increases will be distributed on 1 September 2023
- general and salary scale increase 3.6 per cent
- the minimum salary scales are increased in all job grades, in early childhood education salary groups C-F 2.2 per cent.
- Those working in early childhood education will be paid a one-off sum of 470 euros in May in connection with the normal salary payment. The condition for the one-off payment is that the employee’s continuous work period has started no later than 1 February 2024 and the employee is in an employment relationship and within the salary payment system at the time of payment. The lump sum will not be paid if the employee has resigned before the time of payment unless the reason for resignation is retirement. A one-off sum will be paid, if other conditions are met, to those on family leave, regardless of whether they are within the salary payment system and to those on sick leave, provided the sick leave began after 1 February 2024. For a part-time worker the lump sum will be paid in proportion to the part-time percentage valid on 2 May 2024. To those who work variable hours, a lump sum is paid according to actual working time (review period 6 months, or if a shorter time, then the entire duration of the employment relationship).
- Short-term interruptions according to Chapter 1, Section 5 of the Employment Contracts Act are considered in the continuity of the employment relationship.
- General and salary scale increase 2.4 per cent on 1 August
- The minimum salary scales are increased in all job grades, in early childhood education salary groups C-F 1.8 per cent.
- Those who work in early childhood education are paid an attraction and holding power one-off instalment of 150 euros in May.
- General and salary scale increase 1.0 per cent on 1 August
- The minimum salary scales are increased in all job grades, in early childhood education salary groups C-F 1.2 per cent.
The compensation for shop stewards, chief shop stewards and occupational safety and health representatives will be increased by 13 per cent on 1 September 2023.
The strikes played a big role in achieving the negotiation result
– In addition to members, we would like to thank all associations, who participated in the strikes and picketing. The members’ activity was of vital importance, and it was great to see how strongly the members were involved in the strike events, OAJ’s Organisation Manager Kaj Raiskio praises.
The collective agreement of the private social services sector applies to some of the OAJ members working in private ECE centres. They are early childhood teachers, special education teachers and daycare centre managers.